Monday, January 7, 2013

Butternut Squash Eats & A Workout

Happy New Year, lovelies! I'm kicking the year off right with a couple recipes and a workout to share. 

One of my all time favorite dishes is butternut squash gnocchi. There's only one problem: I don't eat refined flour or wheat (at least on a regular basis). I set out to try alternative ingredients to make my own, and I'm so glad I did, because this version is just as good!

You can see the recipe here. Instead of sweet potatoes, I used butternut squash. For the sauce, I used about 10 sprigs of fresh sage sauteed with some balsamic vinegar and coconut butter. 



This is a very quick, easy and healthy dinner. I sauteed some butternut squash with sliced onions, sage, vinegar, and coconut oil and served it with Trader Joes' chicken apple chardonnay sausage. 


In keeping with the healthy eating theme, I thought I'd share a workout I did yesterday. My workout schedule is usually the same, but I do a variety of different exercises and try to increase the weight I lift on a regular basis. This year, I am working on getting my triceps and back to "show" more without flexing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment