Monday, January 18, 2010

Homemade Lip Scrub

After searching high and low for a good lip exfoliant and being astounded at the prices for them (average is $25), I figured I would do some research and make my own. Nothing is more annoying than putting on lipstick or gloss and having extra, dry skin on your lips that is extremely noticeable once lipstick/gloss is applied.
Here's my DIY method for making lip scrub:
You'll need:
-Brown sugar and white granulated sugar: sugar is abrasive and gets the job done at removing dead skin.
-Honey: Honey has anti-bacterial properties, it can heal minor wounds/cuts on the skin and it's non-allergenic.
-Olive Oil: Moisturizing, it protects and soothes the skin. It will not clog the pores around your mouth.
-A small container that closes all the way. I went to the Container Store and bought a pill box for $0.99.
-Measuring spoons
-Small bowl for mixing ingredients

How To:
-Measure 1/2 teaspoon for each ingredient and stir. Once it's evenly mixed, pour into your container/pill box.
That's it!



Let me know if any of you try this! I love that it's so tasty and doesn't taste chemical-y at all.

7 comments:

  1. Hi,Good idea..I'm going to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that my friend sounds great!! I just printed this out....so going to try it out!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cool! I love making home made things! Your measuring cups are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I'm gonna try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an awesome idea!!!!! I wanna try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks interesting yet fun! I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Off to make some lip scrub. LOVE your measuring cups. I want some of my very own!

    ReplyDelete