Friday, December 17, 2010

Our Wedding: The Save The Dates

Now that all of our Save The Dates are sent out, I can finally showcase them here. I am lucky to have my dad, who is a graphic designer and owns a family business print shop design these exactly how I wanted them. I knew I wanted something different from the norm, and after looking through hundreds of designs, I chose to use Vera Wang's crown emblem that she uses as caps to her perfumes so that we were able to include the royal theme of our wedding onto the Save The Dates.
The fonts used were Weiss and Balmoral (for our names), all of the text & crown was printed letterpress.
I knew I wanted to use a heart in another area to match the one within the crown without being too cheesy, and embossing it was the perfect way (IMO) to do so without it being over the top.
After I selected the design, my dad added a custom monogram to the metallic gold crown.

For soon to be brides: make sure you order extra envelopes and invitations/Save The Dates "just in case" and for keepsakes. 

1 comment: