- Activated waterproofing proteins to help restore moisture in cells
- Stimulates reconstruction of intracellular cement to preserve moisture between cells
- Skin surface is pampered with exceptional hydration & comfort
- Leaves skin soft, smooth, supple and protected
- Suitable for all skin types and ages
When I was at the Chanel counter, the saleslady told me that it actually changes the pH balance of your skin over time with regular use (the amazon description pretty much says this). This serum is supposed to be paired with your moisturizer to lock in the serum and keep your face looking hydrated all day. I use my La Mer moisturizer on top of the serum. I love, love the scent of the Hydramax serum, it's so light and fresh. It really does get the job done at hydrating the skin and never leaves my face looking greasy. I love that when I put my makeup on over the serum, it stays and applies fabulously. The consistency is more like a gel than a moisturizer but it instantly hydrates the skin. My only complaint is the price; $80 for 1 oz, which brings me to...
Olay's Regenerist Regenerating Serum
I bought this serum about a year ago and I find it to be comparable to Chanel's Hydramax Serum. I don't know if it has long-term effects on the skin but it definitely does its job at hydrating the skin upon putting it on. If you don't want to spend the hefty $80 on the Chanel serum, I would say definitely pick this up for $17.50 at your local drugstore.