Thursday, September 2, 2010

LANVIN for H&M

When I woke up this morning, I found out the most amazing news...Lanvin is doing a line for H&M! I'm most excited about this release above all other designer-for-retail-store mass releases. Lanvin pieces grace the red carpet regularly and is truly a luxury brand, which I love, love, love. The line will be released at H&M on November 23 of this year. Lanvin's mastermind designer, Alber Elbaz gave the following statements: "I have a problem to do a collection that is a secondary line. I mean, you don't want to be the stepsister. You want to be Cinderella. Show me one girl who wants to be the stepsister." He later explained his collection for H&M, saying "H&M approached us to collaborate, and see if we could translate the dream we created at Lanvin to a wider audience, not just a dress for less. I have said in the past that I would never do a mass-market collection, but what intrigued me was the idea of H&M going luxury rather than Lanvin going public."
Are you as excited as I am? I can't wait to see a lookbook for the collection and will be sure to post it as soon as it releases to the public!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that IS exciting! No doubt I will have to venture to the H&M in San Diego or the one at South Coast Plaza in Orange County...they don't carry the designer lines at the store by my work ;(

    ReplyDelete