Monday, May 14, 2012

Protein Pancakes

I'm a pancake lover. Before I experimented with making protein pancakes, I could throw back five + pancakes in one sitting. Not so great since the traditional pancake is filled with sugar and oil.

Here's what you'll need to make protein pancakes:

-1 scoop whey protein powder (I use the vanilla flavor)
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
-1/4 cup quick oats
-4 egg whites
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1 teaspoon flax seed

Whisk all of the ingredients together, spray a pan with non-stick spray and cook pancakes on each side for about 1 minute.

I like to drizzle a little Agave nectar or sugar free syrup on top. They're yummy, healthy, and very filling!

xo
Lynn

1 comment:

  1. These look great (and great for you!)

    I'm a new follower and love your blog! Would love the follow back! Enter my giveaway for a Nordstrom and Starbucks gift card!

    The Pretty Pinhead

    ReplyDelete