Tuesday, June 5, 2012

What To Wear To A Summer Wedding

Can you believe that wedding season is in full swing? I'm still stunned that my one year anniversary passed two weeks ago, and one of my dearest cousins got married this past weekend after years months of planning our weddings together.

When figuring out what to wear for any wedding, it's always helpful for me to take in to account all aspects: the location/venue, weather, guest list, time, and how formal the wedding will be.

My cousin's wedding took place in southern California thisclose to the beach during a warm evening, and I knew I wanted to wear a pleated dress, so when I found this pleated BCBG maxi dress, I snatched it right up for the wedding.

Formal enough for an evening wedding? Check.
Will it keep me covered and warm enough? Check. 
Season appropriate? Check.

Pleated dresses are among Spring and Summer's (and Fall '12!) hottest trends. I love how girly pleated dresses and skirts are, and I really love the light, ethereal look pleated dresses provide.



Chloe
Doo Ri 

I wore some blingy Forever 21 earrings, my wedding bracelet, and borrowed my Grandmother's diamond necklace with the dress.

The husband and I


Now onto planning what to wear for three fall weddings (during the same month!)...





2 comments:

  1. My brother in law is getting married next weekend and I STILL don't have a dress. Kinda freaking out ;/

    Love the dress you are wearing. Gorg!

    The Pretty Pinhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have you checked out Rent The Runway? There are lots of options there!

      Delete