Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Wine Tasting Outfit & Some Of My Favorite Napa Wineries


At Mumm Napa. Top: Kain. Similar here//Skirt: Forever 21//Shoes: Target. Similar here//Sunglasses: House Of Harlow//

I don't consider my choice to wear white wine tasting to be a smart decision, but I am glad I left with no spills. I can't say the same for my friend who also wore white. Anyway, wear white at your own risk and bring Wine Away! It is a MAJOR lifesaver. 

Mumm Napa patio area 

{google images}

Enjoy the beautiful patio overlooking the vineyard at Mumm while sipping on a bubbling flight (or two)!

Cakebread Cellars

{google images}

Cakebread has a great wine tasting layout. When you visit, you'll take a tour of the winery and learn about the wine making process as you sip their wines at different stations along the tour. Cakebread is a great place to start out your day wine tasting. Their Cabernet is pretty amazing, probably my favorite I've tried so far in the Napa Valley.


Castello Di Amorosa

{google images}

If you want a grandiose wine tasting experience, you must go to Castello Di Amorosa. And if you have two hours to spare, the tour of the castle is so interesting and uber beautiful. Each piece of brick came from Europe, and the castle boasts a chapel (where mass is held every Sunday), a drawbridge, defensive towers, a knight's chamber, and a torture chamber (with an authentic 300 year old iron maiden among other devices). If you don't have time for a tour, you can still roam some of the grounds on your own and enjoy a tasting. 


My absolute favorite sweet wine. Late Harvest Gewurtztraminer. 


What are your favorite wine tasting destinations?

2 comments:

  1. It's my dream to go to Napa one day! What a gorgeous place! I live in Temecula, right outside wine country and I visit them at least a couple times a month. I love Miramonte and Leonesse. I think they've actually been featured on the OC Housewives LOL.

    You look gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit your area for wine tasting! I've heard of Miramonte, and I'll have to check them both out when I go down there next. You would love Napa! And it's not toooo far ;)

    ReplyDelete