Monday, March 25, 2013

How to Make Sushi At Home

Sushi is one of my favorite things to make at home since it's surprisingly very simple to prepare, and I can adjust the ingredients as I see fit. Lately I've been making sushi sans rice, and it's still delicious. You can prepare sushi with raw fish or cooked. If you do go the raw route, make sure you buy "sushi grade" fish. 
Here's what you'll need to make salmon/avocado rolls:
-1 package of Nori (seaweed)
-Sriarcha
-Gluten Free Soy Sauce 
-1 avocado
-1 broiled salmon filet

STEP 1:

Lay 1 piece of nori out on a cutting board and/or bamboo mat (I didn't use a bamboo mat, which makes things easier!). Put Sriacha on what will be the inside of the sushi rolls. 

STEP 2:

After you've cut the salmon and avocado, spread it out on the nori and sriracha. Pour a little soy sauce on top.

STEP 3:

Roll tightly, and tuck the ingredients under as you roll.

STEP 4:

The soy sauce acts as glue to hold the nori ends together.

STEP 5:

Cut into pieces with a sharp knife and enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Wow Lynn you make that look so easy! I definitely would not be able to do it that well! xo

    ReplyDelete