As a self proclaimed beauty and skincare-aholic, I was thrilled to attend SkinSpirit's Beauty Blogger event last week.
Tucked in the charming Strawberry Village boutique shopping center in Mill Valley, the relaxing oasis that is SkinSpirit was the perfect way to end a busy week with sweet treats, bubbly, luxe beauty services including Botox, VelaShape, microdermabrasion, and skin analysis (not to mention the company of fabulous bloggers)!
Necklace twins with the beautiful and super sweet Sascha.
While most keep hush-hush on some med-spa services...ahem, botox, fillers etc, I have no shame admitting that I tried Botox for the first time.
The fine lines that I had on my forehead have bothered me for years. Yes, I am in my mid twenties, and yes, I know it sounds vain. But who isn't?!
So, what is it like?
- At first I was absolutely terrified. You couldn't pay me to voluntarily go and have blood drawn. It is about the last thing I ever want to do. So naturally I was very hesitant about trying Botox.
- The nurse who administered the Botox to my forehead was the sweetest person ever. She was incredibly knowledgeable and made me feel as comfortable as possible.
- My biggest problem area are the horizontal lines that
arewere on my forehead, and the nurse advised that I get a shot between my brows as well to make the entire upper portion of my face look as smooth and natural as possible. Didn't think of that before!
- Back to the fear of pain and needles. Before getting the shots, I held an iced balloon to my forehead to help numb the area.
- I got a total of 6 shots (12 units) and each one felt like a tiny pinch. The best (and gross) way to describe the pain is to compare it to popping a zit. I know, TMI.
- It literally took about 10 minutes, from consultation to completion. There's a reason this procedure is dubbed 'the lunchtime procedure'!
- The aftermath: I was told that after two days, I would start seeing results. And after day 14 I will see complete, maximum results. It's now day 5, and I'm already loving how my forehead looks. I can no longer scowl between my brows--love that!
See that semi-smile? Photographic proof that it wasn't bad at all.
So, would I do it again? Yes, in a heartbeat. And I will be going back to SkinSpirit when I'm ready to go for it again.
It’s important to be knowledgeable and to do your research about this product. Finding an experienced, reputable med-spa, doctor, or nurse is key. Botox for sure gets a bad rap and is somewhat controversial. I find this to be due to lack of knowledge.
If you're in the bay area in California, I highly recommend SkinSpirit for all of your skincare needs. The staff is incredibly welcoming, experienced, and knowledgeable. They have three gorgeous locations, and have pretty much every treatment you can imagine.