I made this yummy recipe for dinner last week; my inspiration came from a delicious birthday dinner of a friend's at Lime in San Francisco.
1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup all-purpose flour, or as needed
3 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 pound prosciutto, julienned
1/2 cup fresh peas, shelled
- Stir together the ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan Cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a large bowl until evenly combined. Mix in 1 cup of flour. Add additional flour if needed to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 or 4 pieces, and roll into 1/2-inch-thick ropes on a floured surface. Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces, and place on a lightly floured baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan, add the peas, and allow to simmer for several minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Boil the gnocchi until they float to the surface, 1 to 2 minutes, then drain.
- Add the butter to the cream. whisking in to incorporate well before adding the prosciutto. Pour the sauce over the drained gnocchi, stir gently in a large serving bowl, and serve immediately.