Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our Trip to Orlando

I just got home late last night from our fabulous trip to Orlando, Florida. My FIANCE (first time I've written that out, ahh!) and I went to both Universal Studios parks, Epcot, and Disneyworld. The last night of our trip, we went to Downtown Disney and ate at Portobello, a delicious Italian restaurant. I wasn't suspicious at all that Chris was going to propose to me there even though he ordered the most expensive thing on the menu + the most expensive red wine (he rarely drinks wine). Out of the blue he said, "will you marry me?" after we'd started eating...and of course I said yes after being completely shocked and asking if he was joking. He told me he had asked my dad a month ago for his permission to ask for my hand in marriage (very old fashioned!) and that he planned to ask me on this trip.

I can't wait to start planning my wedding and of course I will be sharing every detail with you guys and asking for ideas and advice...but don't worry, I promise my blog won't become a full-fledged bridal extravaganza!

Here are a few pictures from our trip....



Magic Kingdom @ Disneyworld

Universal Studios



Our yummy dinner @ Portobello in Orlando, where Chris asked me to marry him



Right after I said YES!!

*I don't have my ring yet, I will be designing it and will share pictures once I get it!

2 comments:

  1. congrats pretty girl! Isn't Orlando amazing! Epcot is my favorite place in Disneyworld!

    Can't wait to see your ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww yay! congrats!!

    ReplyDelete