Friday, October 2, 2009

September Favorites

This stuff is really amazing. My hair is naturally very curly and frizzy and I very rarely wear it natural. When I don't have a lot of time to do my hair, I spray this Tresemme Simply No Frizz spray on my hair and all the frizz vanishes without making my hair look crispy or wet. I also use it after I've teased my hair and it looks like a crazy hot mess. Works like a charm!
I love Benefit's Throb! I was really into peachy colors during the summer and now I'm really loving cooler tone pinks. That's exactly what Throb is. It has barely there shimmer. It's a matte blush and you can barely see the tiny silver sparkle flecks.
This is MAC's Quarry eyeshadow. It's my new favorite. It's like a plumy-brown that is perfect for giving your crease some depth or putting on the lid with a darker color in the crease.
I've been using Frederick Fekkai's Instant Volume spray almost every day for the past month. You just spray it on your scalp/roots when your hair is damp and it will help with adding more volume, especially when the roots are teased.
I had a HORRIBLE breakout a couple weeks ago, which very rarely happens to me as I'm not acne prone. The Mario Badescu Drying Lotion is really the best thing I've ever tried for clearing up zits. I like that when I put it on, I can feel it stinging a little bit.
I just bought MAC's Close To Real and it's already become my favorite lipstick! It's the absolute perfect pink/nude. I really hope MAC keeps this one around.

I was going to do this in video form but I'm scared! I've never done a video. I guess my fear(s) are that my boss will see it, or some mean family member (which really isn't that huge of a deal), or that no one will watch or be interested! I already have 1 subscriber on youtube with no videos, so I guess she'll watch if I make one!
Anyway, I will keep you updated as to when I do my first video and I'll also post it on my blog.

5 comments:

  1. hi Lynn,
    Great favorites! I love Tresemme hair care products, they work like a charm. I'm curious, what mac nude lipstick is that? is it from the HD collection? I can't really buy any lippies right now, because I have plenty. But that one looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops! I totally forgot to tell you what color it is. I updated the post with the color info [Close to Real]

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love tresemme.. it's the best drugstore hair brand out there in my opinion. their stuff is always fantastic and never expensive. i swear by their shampoo for blonde hair!

    and i love that mac lipstick.. i am collecting pinky-nudes as we speak :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lipstick looks so pretty...why do I always buy the same colors? I feel the same way about the videos, I'm a little scared to do one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That MAC Close to Real looks so pretty, must go check it out:)

    ReplyDelete