Friday, October 26, 2012

Recent Eats


If you haven't tried making zucchini pasta, you should! It's delicious and guilt free! I've been experimenting with all different kinds of zucchini pasta (I use marinara and turkey meatballs most of the time). This scallop "pasta" has become a dinner staple, and it's so easy to make. Cut the zucchini with a mandoline slicer, and then slice it length wise with a knife to make "pasta" strips. Saute with a little coconut oil, pepper, and garlic for 5-7 minutes. In a separate pan, prepare scallops the same way and add whichever seasonings you like. Mix it together and you have an easy, clean dinner. 


OK, I know this looks way less than appetizing. My apologies for the poor presentation. This bacon wrapped salmon tastes SO much better than it looks. 
How to prepare: set oven to 375 degrees. Sprinkle tarragon leaves over salmon, then wrap bacon (I used turkey bacon) around each filet and secure with toothpicks (I didn't do this this time around, hence the presentation). Drizzle sugar free maple syrup over each filet and bake for 15-20 minutes. 


I made sushi for the first time recently, and it was very easy and just as good as a sushi restaurant. I purchased fresh "sashimi grade" salmon and tuna from Ranch 99, and already had some nori in my pantry. I made alaska rolls and spicy tuna rolls using fish, rice, nori, and avocado. 
To prepare: spread cooked rice over the nori, then apply the pieces of raw fish and avocado over the rice. Roll the nori and cut into pieces. Next time I'll use brown rice to be more health conscious. =)







1 comment: